With the rising cost of education, it’s comforting to know that TD Travel Credit Cardholders have the option to use their TD Points to help offset this financial impact.
Whether you’re a student yourself, or a parent, relative or friend of a student, you can redeem your TD Points for education credits from HigherEdPoints to help fund education costs such as tuition and student loans at participating institutions and loan programs.
Current participating student loan programs include Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and Student Aid Alberta. Visit HigherEdPoints.com for a complete list of participating institutions1.
- Education credits from HigherEdPoints must be purchased in minimum $250-increments
- Education credits from HigherEdPoints are non-refundable
- Education credits from HigherEdPoints expire two years from the date you redeem your TD Points to purchase them.
- All education credits from HigherEdPoints and all activities and transactions on HigherEdPoints.com are subject to the Higher Ed Points Program Terms of Service.
How to get started:
1. Check HigherEdPoints.com to see if your student's or graduate's institution or
loan program participates in the HigherEdPoints Program
2. Register your TD Travel Card at TDRewards.com or log in
3. Redeem your TD Points to purchase education credits (in minimum $250-
increments) from HigherEdPoints
4. Once you've made your purchase of education credits:
- You will receive a confirmation email from TDRewards.com with the Purchase # and Confirmation Code for each education credit you've purchased that you will need to use on HigherEdPoints.com
- You will also receive an email from HigherEdPoints advising you when your education credits are active and ready to be used. It can take up to 72 hours from the time you redeem your TD Points to receive this email from HigherEdPoints.
5. Once your education credits are ready to use, go to HigherEdPoints.com and
create a free account (or if you already have an account – just log in)
6. Follow the instructions on HigherEdPoints.com You will also need the
The Purchase # and the Confirmation Code for each $250 education credit that you purchased using your TD Points. These numbers are found in the confirmation email you will receive from TDRewards.com;
Student's or Graduate’s first, middle and last name;
Student's or Graduate’s date of birth;
Name of the Student's or Graduate's participating institution or student loan program to which you wish to transfer the education credit(s);
Student number for the Student or Graduate, or, the student loan account number
If you have any questions or concerns about transferring your education credits at HigherEdPoints.com please contact HigherEdPoints at 1-855-435-8941 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org