TD $10,000 Contest Rules
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The TD $10,000 Contest(“Contest”) starts on or about Monday, November 5, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, December 31, 2012 (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor for this Contest is The Toronto‑Dominion Bank (“TD”).
2. ELIGIBILITY:The Contest is open to all Personal and Business TD Visa Cardholders. Cardholders must be legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in their Province/territory of residence at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of TD and its subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies or their subsidiaries and affiliates, are not eligible to win, nor is any person with whom any such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
“Entrant”means (i) in respect of a Qualifying Transaction entry, (a) the name of the Cardholder of the eligible TD Visa account (the “Visa Account) which qualifies for Qualifying Transactions if the TD Visa Card (‘Card”) is a chip-enabled Card or (b) the name of the Primary Cardholder of the eligible Visa account which qualifies for Qualifying Transactions if the Card is a magnetic-stripe Card, and (ii) in respect of an Alternate Means of Entry, the person whose name is printed on the entry.
To enter, an Entrant must go to the TD Rewards website at www.tdrewards.com and register for the Contest by providing the information requested, and thereafter during the Contest Period, perform one or more Qualifying Transactions.
“Qualifying Transaction” means:
(a) one (1) purchase which is posted to the Visa Account, during the Contest Period; and,
(b) one (1) registration for access to tdrewards.com up to a maximum of four (4) registrations.
An Entrant will receive one (1) entry for each Qualifying Transaction in (a) above. Entries to the Contest by method (a) above are unlimited for the duration of the Contest.
The Entrant will receive fifty (50) entries for the Qualifying Transaction in (b) above. Entries to the Contest by method (b) above are limited to two hundred (200) per Entrant for the duration of the Contest.
Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, TD Visa Cheques, fees, interest charges, refunds, rebates or other similar credits and corrections/adjustments to the Visa Account posted during the Contest Period shall not be considered to be Qualifying Transactions.
4. ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTEST ENTRY:
To enter the Contest without performing a Qualifying Transaction (see section 3 above), an Entrant must legibly hand-print: the date, their first and last name, complete mailing address and daytime telephone number, the last four digits of their eligible TD Visa Account number on a piece of paper, and mail it to:
“TD $10,000 Contest Entry”
P.O. Box10001, 5576 Yonge Street
North York, Ontario M2N 0B6
All entries become the property of TD and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries into the Contest by the Alternate Means of Entry cannot also have any Qualifying Transaction entries. Alternate Means of Contest Entries must be postmarked on or prior to December 21, 2012 and must be received on or prior to December 31, 2012 the Contest Closing Date. TD will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage due entries. By using this Alternate Means of Contest Entry, you are providing your permission for us to enter you in the Contest and to communicate with you via telephone, in writing, email or by mail.
Entries to the Contest by this method are limited to one (1) per Entrant for the duration of the Contest.
5. PRIZES: There are ten (10) prizes available to be won, each consisting of ten thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$10,000.00) (“Prize”). Prizes are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Entrant.
6. DRAW DATE: Ten (10) random Draws for the Prizes will be held in Toronto, Ontario at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, January 31, 2013. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries received.
7. PRIZE AWARDING:If you are a selected Entrant in the Draw, you will be provided specific instructions on what you are required to do in order to claim your Prize. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon verification and final approval by TD. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prize will be allowed, unless at the discretion of TD which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into with Entrants except with the selected Entrants.
Attempts will be made to contact the selected Entrant at the telephone number and/or mailing address listed on the entry, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time for a period of ten (10) business days following the Draw Date. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, TD reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for the Prize. In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected Entrant will be required to complete, sign and return to the independent contest organization a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt. The Declaration and Release Forms must be signed by the Entrant. If the selected Entrant fails to complete, sign and return the Declaration and Release Forms to the independent contest organization within seven (7) days and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, TD reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for the Prize. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Forms, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules, (ii) releases and forever discharges TD, its affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to TD, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by TD or its advertising agencies.
8. CONTEST GENERAL RULES:By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of TD, which are final. TD will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries/prize claims. All entries/prize claims become the property of TD, and will not be returned. TD shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the Prizes. In no event shall TD be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: TD is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by TD will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of TD, which, in the sole opinion of TD, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, TD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the Regie, to suspend or terminate this Contest.Any Entrant found tampering with or undermining the Contest, will be disqualified.
10. QUEBEC RESIDENTS:Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
11. REST OF CANADA:For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS:This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws in Canada.
13. PRIVACY: By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you between MBC Marketing and TD for the purpose of administering this Contest.